Community. Collaboration. Connection


Community. Collaboration. Connection.

Our community is a source of ideas, knowledge, and support.
There is strength in collaboration and listening.
We all are connected, no matter our differences, by our love for where we live.


Sophia MacRae was elected to the City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters in the South Australian Local Government elections of November 2010, as one of three Councillors representing the Maylands/Trinity Ward.

This Ward comprises Maylands, Stepney, Evandale, Trinity Gardens, St Morris Firle and some of Payneham South too.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mullet Youth Arts Festival

The Mullet Youth Arts Festival was wrapped up on Friday 8th October with the Gala Short Film Festival Screening - I did feel a bit special as I walked up the red carpet, and got greeted by a collection of glamorous girls who were obviously loving the showbiz play element of the night. I must hasten to add, I was not the only one being greeted so enthusiastically - everyone entering the Norwood Concert Hall was made to feel special.



About 24 short films were shown, all made by young local artists aged from 12-25 years, some of whom had attended the 4 day Mullet Short Film Boot Camp held at the Payneham Library.

The quality was outstanding.

I must say the same for the Visual Arts Exhibition which ran from Saturday 25th to Wednesday 29th September. I got to see it on the very last day as I came back from Queensland that morning. I loved it so much that I bought an artwork! I was lucky enough to meet the father of one of the artists, whose work had just been purchased by Norwood Payneham & St Peters Council for display. Needless to say, he was very proud!


The artwork I chose for myself, "Wonder in the Woods" by Katrina Ortega

I am very impressed by the creativity of young people in the area, and very pleased to see that the Council is giving them the opportunity to develop their talent and ideas with the input of professional artists. By supporting young artists now, they will give back a thousand-fold to the cultural vitality of our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment